Friday, December 3, 2010

Allergen friendly bread/muffin

But just so you know, it's a tree nut & legume flour base. You could probably replace the tree nut flour with legume flour, or vice versa, or replace both with quinoa flour. I have not yet tried this, so if you do, let me know how it turns out!!!

This bread/muffin recipe is quite delicious, and is free of: egg, soy, wheat, dairy, cane sugar. It is also low starch. I use BobsRedMill flour for my flours, except the almond flour, which I always get at Trader Joe's.

Ingredients:
3 c almond flour/meal
1 c hazelnut flour/meal
1 c garbanzo/fava flour
1 c quinoa flour
1/2 tsp sea salt
1.5 tsp baking soda
3 ripe pears, cored, chopped
1/4 c cranapple juice
1/3 c coconut oil

OPTIONAL ADD INS:
shredded carrots, bananas, chopped nuts, berries, spice blend (allspice, cinnamon, clove, ginger, nutmeg), honey, poppy seeds, sesame seeds, chopped apples, pumpkin, shredded coconut, peanut butter

If you want a very moist sweet bread, I would add in a couple chopped or pureed bananas and some honey. Along with the spice blend, which I almost ALWAYS add. If you want a less sweet bread, and you have a good food processor, replace the pears with carrots, nix the juice, and take out 1-2 c of flour.

I usually make the basic bread recipe, then add in the extras at the end. You can make several differnt types of muffins with one batch of bread by adding different ingredients to sectioned off parts of the batter. MMM.

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350 F. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and mix. Put pears, coconut oil, and juice in a food processor or blender. (I only have a blender; I added the juice because it's a b*tch to blend the pears without a liquid. Blend until smooth. Add the blended pears to the flour mixture, and stir well. Pour mixture into muffin pans, quickbread pans, or 10x10 glass baking pan. Bake 30 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment