Monday, December 13, 2010

Cranberry Breakfast

I eat this for breakfast. It is delicious.

Whole Cranberry Sauce ( I pre-make a batch or two of this):
1 lb cranberries
1 c water
spices - clove, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, nutmeg, dash turmeric
sweetener as desired (honey or agave)
1-2 diced apples (optional)

Bring water to a boil and simmer crans (& apples of applicable) for 10 minutes. I don't use any sweetener at all because I love the tart berries. This is not most people's preference.

CRANBERRY BREAKFAST:
1/2 - 1 cup whole cranberry sauce
1 TBSP chia seeds
diced fresh fruit - citrus, banana, apple

Heat cranberry sauce on stove or microwave. Combine ingredients in a medium sized bowl . MMMMMM.

This breakfast gives me a TON of energy. I think it's those chia seeds. They really are super food.

The cranberry sauce is also good with the previously posted muffin/bread recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment